*Baker: Ivonne of Cake.Love.Couture.by.Ivonne
*Contact information: (305).639.8621
*Flavors & Fillings: Flavor Selections include Guava & Cheese, Red Velvet & Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Buttercream, Chocolate, Chocolate Strawberry, Confetti Vanilla, Vanilla Martini, Key Lime, Peanut Buttercup, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Shortcake, White Chocolate, White Chocolate
Raspberry, Lemon Merengue. We will customize any flavor combination for you.
*Pricing: Dozen Couture Regular Cupcakes $24, Dozen Couture Mini's $18. We specialize in custom orders and Fondant Cupcake Toppers.
2. How did you get started in cupcakes? My story is simple. It started with a love of food, fashion, and a passion for all things sugar. I fell in love with the cupcake after trying one for the first time on a vacation with the family. As soon as I got back to Miami I got to work on experimenting with recipes on my free time from working in the fashion industry and began to bake for friends and family events. I was facinated on how creative you can get with a cupcake. After meeting my amazing husband who is a member of the National Guard, I found myself with extra free time when he was away on orders, so I pursued courses in cake design and decorating and took up baking and designing cupcakes fulltime. This is how by.Ivonne Cake.Love.Couture began. I fell in Cupcake Love... and I hope you will too!
3. What is your signature cupcake?
A Guava infused Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.
4. What is your personal favorite cupcake? My personal favorite is a classic Red Velvet. Simple, yet always delicious.
5. What inspires you when it comes to your cupcake creations? Fashion, Pop Culture, The Seasons, The City, Travel, Kids... So much goes into creating my cupcakes and flavors. I am constantly reading and following up with the latest trends and I enjoy getting feedback from my husband and fabulous customers who come to me with flavor requests all the time. Taking popular flavors and turning them into new cupcakes. Whether you are a fan of simple cupcakes or if you want an amazing flavor no one has thought of yet. No matter what, there’ll be a cupcake for you.
6. One reason why cupcakes are awesome. Cupcakes are awesome because you can enjoy two or three...(or four) of your favorite flavors in tiny cakes without having to only pick one flavor as you would for a cake. They also look good and are so easy to serve. Cupcakes at an event are always a hit!
7. What do you think is the future of cupcakes? The future of cupcakes is still going strong and I think will continue to just get better..Staying ahead of the cupcake trend is a must. Bakers are getting more creative everyday to come up with new flavors, and to offer unique flavors and designs. To think that the appearance of cupcakes on the still popular TV series Sex and The City, took cupcakes this far...I am excited to see what the future of cupcakes will take us.
8.What is the funkiest cupcake creation? Goat Cheese Frosting cupcake.. But really, Funky to me is when you move away from traditional vanilla and chocolate flavors and get creative with ingredients and the dress up of your cupcake. Be it a cotton candy or goat cheese cupcake, presentation is everything.
9. What has been your biggest cupcake disaster? Overfilling the cupcake liners and ending up with a huge mess in the oven!
10. Share one cupcake making tip. Test your cupcakes by baking a trial batch first before baking your final batch.