Friday, September 24, 2010

Baker Spotlight: A Cake in a Cup

Baker Spotlight
*Baker: Denise of A Cake in a Cup
*Contact information: denise@acakeinacup.com, 305.301.0435
*Flavors:Vanilla, chocolate, red velvet, cookies and cream, banana nut, and marble
*Fillings: guava, dulce de leche, strawberry, chocolate hazelnut, chocolate and vanilla
*Pricing: Regular cupcakes $1.50 , With filling $1.75 Mini cupcakes $.75 with filling $1.00


1. Meaning behind baker/bakery name. I have always referred to cupcakes as little cakes in a cup so hence the name a cake in a cup.

2. How did you get started in cupcakes? Ever since I was a little girl I have experimented with different ingredients to bake up all kinds of things.

3. What is your signature cupcake? Well living in Miami and being part a Hispanic culture I would say the guava filled cupcakes.

4. What is your personal favorite cupcake? My personal favorite is red velvet with cream cheese frosting.

5. What inspires you when it comes to your cupcake creations? I get inspired by watching my kids they are very creative in everything they do.

6. One reason why cupcakes are awesome. Cupcakes are awesome because it's like having just enough of a great thing.

7. What do you think is the future of cupcakes? I think the sky is the limit with cupcakes, there are so many different flavor combinations that could be created.

8. What do you think is ‪funkiest cupcake creation‬? I think that whenever someone makes cupcakes with unique flavors or decorations it makes them funky.

9. What has been your biggest cupcake disaster? My biggest cupcake disaster, was when I was making a delivery and the boxes collapsed on top of each other all the cupcakes were ruined, needless to say I had to make them over.

10. Share one cupcake making tip. Never over beat the batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment