Monday, October 18, 2010
Baker Spotlight: Cupcakes by Hilda
*Contact information: 305-898-3360/ email@example.com
*Flavors & Fillings: vanilla, chocolate, Nana’s filled red velvet, cookies n cream, mocha, chili chocolate, rum infused cupcake, champagne, carrot, coconut, tiramisu, blueberry, tres leches, pumpkin, marble, raspberry cheese cake, strawberry cheese cake, bostom cream, penut butter– chocolate, strawberry, smores, devils food cake, ginger bread, vanilla chocolate and macadamia nut, espresso, key lime, mocha walnut, pineapple, red wine, mojito, pinacolada, red wine, kalulah, brandy, and grand marnier. Fillings: vanilla, chocolate, guanche, fruit fillings.
*Pricing: Mini $ 1.25 Regular $ 2.75
2. How did you get started in cupcakes? While baking since childhood with my father and experiencing his love and passion for food and baking I developed a passion for the art and creative process involved in the making of cakes and cupcakes. While baking for family and friends I received continuous encouragement to share my cupcakes with every one .
3. What is your signature cupcake? I love making liquor flavor cupcakes and the one that stands out the most is my rum infused cupcake.
4. What is your personal favorite cupcake? My favorite has to be my Nana’s filled red velvet, I cant get enough of it.
5. What inspires you when it comes to your cupcake creations? With cupcakes like in life inspiration can come from many unpredictable places and people. The most meaningful inspirations have come from the ones who loves my Cupcakes. I'm always receiving ideas, suggestions and challenges from them and that is where it all comes from.
6. One reason why cupcakes are awesome. Cupcakes are the perfect portion whether you are a child or adult they are loved by all.
7. What do you think is the future of cupcakes? Cupcakes will continue to grow in popularity as long as we all keep creating new and exciting flavors.
8. What do you think is funkiest cupcake creation? I think my funkiest creation has been my mojito cupcake with mojito frosting. They're tastemakes you feel like you are sipping a mojito in Havanna.
9. What has been your biggest cupcake disaster? Uggg. Don't we all hate disasters and having to start all over. But hey this is the part where it can get fun at times :/, just recently I had an order and for some reason I kept doing something wrong first I burned the batter, then it was to dry ect.. After about 2 tries I finally got a delicious moist batch and the person who ordered them fell in love.
10. Share one cupcake making tip. Get to know your oven’s temperatures for best results all ovens are different.