*Contact information: Jaclyn Pruna-Paskow and Jocelyn Pruna, firstname.lastname@example.org. Blog and Facebook
*Flavors & Fillings: If you can dream it, we can bake it!
*Pricing: $1 for minis & $2 for regular sized
1. Meaning behind bakery name. We wanted our name to mean something special to us. Since our last name is Pruna (and Jaclyn's married last name also starts with a P) we decided to incorporate the P and put the word "Sweet" in front of P. "Sweet P" is a fun and easy name to remember and say.
2. How did you get started in cupcakes? We are two sisters with full time jobs that have a love for baking sweets and art. We've always been obsessed with baking cookies, cakes, and pies, however cupcakes seemed to be our favorite thing to do. We begun taking decorating classes and watching videos online and started making cakes and cupcakes for our family and friends as a hobby. Once the pictures of our creations hit Facebook, we begun getting orders all over south Florida.
3. What is your signature cupcake? Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting
4. What is your personal favorite cupcake? Oreo Cookie Cupcake with Cookies N' Cream Frosting.
5. What inspires you when it comes to your cupcake creations? Our Client (whether it be family, friends, or a stranger). We absolutely LOVE to hear the story behind the guest of honor or our client's celebration in which they are ordering for. We like to see their invitation, and any decoration ideas so that we can get a feel of exactly what they want for their special day or special person.
6. One reason why cupcakes are awesome. Cupcakes are awesome because they are just the right size to satisfy everyone's sweet tooth, you can have one every week without hurting your wallet, and so easy to eat, no napkin required!
7. What do you think is the future of cupcakes? The future for cupcakes looks sweet! It is not a "trend". Cupcakes are here to stay and we strive to create new flavors and styles so that there is always something to look forward to.
8. What do you think is funkiest cupcake creation? Our Bubble Gum buttercream cupcake. This was just as much fun to eat for the adults, as it was for the kids. Once you bit into the cupcake, it was a wonderful tasting the bubblegum, and realizing you get to actually eat and swallow this delicious flavor.
9. What has been your biggest cupcake disaster? When we made golf themed cupcakes for Jaclyn's father-in-law's birthday. Once we finished the long process of decorating them, placing them in the shape of a golf course, and taking pictures for our website, we placed the cupcakes in a single box. As we carried them to the front door, the box completely collapsed down the middle and all the cupcakes came tumbling down, and were ruined. Couldn't do anything but laugh it off, and start baking again!
10. Share one cupcake making tip. Take a small spoon full of the batter before you begin baking to taste it. Not only will this let you know if you've missed any ingredients, but it sure is fun to eat.