Thursday, October 28, 2010
Baker Spotlight: Klassy Kakes
*Contact Information: email@example.com, and http://www.flickr.com/photos/klassykakes/
*Flavors and Fillings: Double Vanilla, Double Chocolate, Key Lime, Coconut, Guava Cream Cheese, Raspberry, Nutella, Pumpkin Dulce De Leche, Peanut Butter Cup, Red Velvet, Lemon White Chocolate, and many more.
*Pricing: $2 each. Customized decoration and Tower pricing upon request
2. How did you get started in cupcakes? After baking for friends and family for many years, I saw the 3 girls from Cupcakes Take The Cake on the Martha Stewart Show. I immediately signed up for the Cupcakes Take The Cake Blog and was flooded ( and still am) with inspiration from all of the cupcake bakers all over the world. Every day I see something on that blog that inspires me!!!!
3.What is your signature cupcake? Our signature cupcakes are the Key Lime and the Double Chocolate.
4. What is your personal favorite cupcake? Mine changes all the time- right now it's Coconut, and Peanut Butter Cup. Jenny's is the Chocolate Oreo.
5. What inspires you in your cupcake creations? Flavors from our childhood, and experimenting with different flavor combinations. We always love to experiment with new ingredients and decorating techniques to see which create the best cupcakes. We are constantly having cupcake throwdowns and making everyone around us vote on the best ones!
6. One reason cupcakes are awesome. Cupcakes are universal. They always put a smile on someone's face. Young, old- everyone loves a cupcake. I recently made a cupcake tower for a 90th birthday party. They just make you happy!
7. What do you think is the future of cupcakes? Now that cupcakes are more mainstream and very popular I hope to see more flavor innovations, more cupcakeries, and more cupcake trucks. It's a cupcake revolution!
8. What do you think is the funkiest cupcake creation? The tobacco cupcakes on Cupcake Wars for Duff's 100 show anniversary. YUCK!
9. What was your biggest cupcake disaster? I over-zested the key limes for a big order and discovered after I had baked and frosted them all that they were discustingly bitter. It turned into an all night key lime zesting and baking marathon! Have you ever zested a key lime- they're so tiny!
10. Share one cupcake making tip. Definitely never over-zest the any citrus! And also, don't drown your cupcake in frosting, it will overwhelm the cake that you took so much time to bake!